§ 1 Definitions
Administrator: TECHBASE GROUP spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością based in 80-122 Gdańsk , Kartuska 215, entered into the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for Gdańsk-Północ in Gdańsk, VII Commercial Division, under entry no. KRS 00000425382, Tax Identification Number (NIP): 5833153380, Regon: 221679963, which provides electronic services and stores and gains access to information on User devices.
Cookies: IT data, usually small text files, saved and stored on devices, which the User uses to view Service websites.
Administrator Cookies: Cookies given by an Administrator related to provision of electronic services by the Administrator via the Service.
External Cookies: Cookies given by Administrator’s partners, via the Service website.
Service: website, where the Administrator runs the internet service using the techbase.eu domain name
Device – electronic device which the User uses to access the internet service websites.
User – an entity, to whom electronic services might be provided in accordance with the Regulations and legal regulations or who can enter into an agreement for the provision of services.
§ 2 Kinds of Cookies Used
The Cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User’s Device. By using Cookies in particular it is not possible that the User’s Device gets infected with viruses or other unwanted or malicious software. These files enable to identify User’s software and help to adjust the Service individually to each User. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they have come, the duration they have been stored on the Device and assigned value.
The Administrator uses two types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: These are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until the end of the browser session. The information recorded is then permanently deleted from the Device’s memory. The session cookie mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on the User’s Device and remain there until they are deleted. The browser session ending or the Device being switched off does not delete them from the User’s Device. The persistent cookie mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or any confidential information from the User’s Device.
- The User has the option of limiting or excluding storage of and access to cookies on the Device. If the User takes advantage of this option, the use of the Website will be possible excluding the functions which by their nature require cookies.
§ 3 Purposes for which Cookies are used
- customize the content of the service websites to User preferences and to optimize the websites for better user experience.
- to recognize the User’s Device and its location and to view the website, customized to User’s individual needs
- save the User settings and personalized user interface e.g., language version or region where the User comes from,
- save the history of websites visited in the Service in order to recommend content,
- font size, website appearance, etc.
- to maintain User sessions at the Website (after logging in), so that the User does not have to re-enter the login and password at every Website subpage;
- for proper configuration of selected features of the Website, allowing in particular browser session authentication;
- to optimise and improve the performance of services provided by the Administrator.
The Administrator uses its Own Cookies to carry out processes necessary for full website functionality and in particular to:
- customize the content of the service websites to User preferences and to optimize the websites for better user experience. These files in particular enable to recognise basic parameters of the User’s Device and to view the website properly, customized to User’s needs.
The Administrator uses Own Cookies for the purpose of analysis, research and cookie audit and in particular in order to create anonymous statistics, which help to understand the way the Service User’s use the service websites, which helps to improve their structure and content.
The Administrator uses External cookies in order to log in the Service using the social networking site with Facebook Connect (External Cookies Administrator: Facebook Inc., headquartered in the U.S. or Facebook Ireland based in Ireland).
The Administrator uses External cookies in order to promote the site using social networking sites Facebook.com (External Cookies Administrator: Facebook Inc., headquartered in the U.S. or Facebook Ireland based in Ireland).
§ 4 Potential for determination of the conditions for storage of or access to Cookies
The User may change the settings for Cookies independently at any time, specifying the conditions for their storage and access to Cookies on the User’s Device. Changes to the settings referred to in the preceding sentence may be made using the web browser settings or the service configuration. These settings may be modified so as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser settings or to provide information each time Cookies are placed on the User’s Device. Detailed information on potential and methods for handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
The User may at any time remove Cookies using the features available in the web browser.